Next meeting - 4th of March
Welcome to the Parents’ Association of St. Vincent de Paul Schools. The role of the Parents’ Association is to work in partnership with the school with the children’s interests at the centre. We work to run activities for the children and help out at school occasions, as well as fundraising from time to time. Your child(ren) will love that you are involved!
All parents are automatically members of the Association and we have a committee who meet regularly to run events. Our meetings are held in the Infant School staffroom (downstairs), usually on the first Tuesday of each month in the school year, at 8pm. The meetings usually last for less than an hour and we would welcome any new members to join us when you can. Many of the parents involved have other young children and/or are working hard, so we understand it is not easy to get to all of the meetings. Details of coming meetings are usually posted on the Parents’ Association notice board, at the side of the school.
The key events we usually run during the year include:
· AGM in September with Guest Speaker
· St. Vincent de Paul Christmas Gift Appeal (November)
· School Calendar (on sale in December each year and featuring photographs of all of the children)
· Santa visit in December
· Christmas Art Competition
· Easter Hat Parade for the Infant School
· Teas/Coffees for First Communion & Graduation Masses
· Various fundraisers e.g. Big Band Night, “Come Dine with Me”, Raffles etc. (usually one big event per year)
We are always on the look-out for new ideas for involving the children and/or fundraising. The funds we raise are donated back to the two schools each year, and help to improve the facilities and activities for all of the children in the schools.